We are currently looking for a highly motivated Sales Representative to maintain and build relationships with our current customers and potential new customer base. The successful candidate must be able to effectively work both in a team and independently. The Sales Representative will be working under the direction of our Sales Manager, as well as in collaboration with other departments to ensure an unparalleled customer experience resulting in loyal customers and successful business outcomes for Waldan Gardens.
Waldan Gardens is an industry-leading growing and greenhouse operation located in Wainfleet, Ontario. Quality-driven production is non-stop, as our team is always looking ahead and innovating. In this fast-paced industry, our customers count on us to have inventory at a moment’s notice, and we can deliver. Each week we are planting, preparing, and caring for the next order. Proven quality is what differentiates us in our marketplace.
We strive to develop a winning culture and believe strongly in investing in our people and technology. We continue to attract people who want to contribute and show initiative through shared accountability.
- Maintain a sales relationship with current customers, communicating availability, pricing, staging, and promoting an orderly sale of current and future availabilities
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product information
- Develop sales strategy with new and existing customers for long term goals and programs
- Promote corporate values to create strong company culture, as well as work effectively on a team and take directions.
- Working 6-months to a year ahead on programs and customers needs
- Learning our software system will be required to effectively manage sales, inventory, and production
- Continually communicate with customers at all stages of the business transaction to ensure accuracy
- Travel – as required - to meet customers locally and outside of Ontario, as well as attend industry-related trade shows to promote Waldan Gardens and our products
- Coordinate trucking as required outside of the local shipping area
- Achieve agreed-upon Sales targets and outcomes within a schedule.
Skills Necessary for Success
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
- Strong organizational skills and planning skills attention to detail
- Proven Leadership Capability
- Exemplary customer service
- Problem-solving skills
This position is not performed remotely
- Business to Business Sales Experience
- Experience working within the floral industry is an asset
Competitive base pay plus bonus and commission opportunities.
Resumes can be submitted to Hr@waldan.ca