Administrative Assistant and Accounting Support
Waldan Gardens is an industry-leading growing and greenhouse operation located in Wainfleet, Ontario. Our family-run business takes pride in all we do and it shows - efficiency, automation and productivity sets us apart and will allow us to continue to grow our business. Quality-driven production is non-stop, as our team is always looking ahead and innovating. Our customers count on us to have inventory at a moment’s notice and we can deliver. Each week we are planting, preparing and caring for the next order. Proven quality is what sets us apart in our marketplace.
We strive to develop a winning culture and believe strongly in investing in our people and technology. We continue to attract people who want to contribute and show initiative through shared accountability.
We have an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant/Accounting Support team memberwithin our all-star lineup. If you share these qualities of excellence, we would like to meet you!
Office Administration and Accounting Support Responsibilities
- Collecting and organizing sales invoices along with delivery receipts, ensuring accuracy
- Collecting and organizing purchase invoices and packing slips, so they can be validated and entered into Quick Books for accounts payable
- Organizing accounts receivable, filing invoices, and recording payments in our Accounts Receivable System
- Assistance may be required to trouble shoot discrepancies (truck loading)
- Computer skills in MS word, Excel, QuickBooks, and Email is required.
- Work with Team Leader to determine priorities
- Cleaning duties to ensure the offices are neat and clean
- Managing and organizing other office-related functions as they become apparent (supporting management staff in preparation for client visits, general filing, etc)
- Professionally answering office phone, taking messages, forwarding calls, etc
- Taking meeting minutes
- Manage postage and parcels
- Brokerage documents
- organizing the grower journals
- Assisting entry of cuttings orders
- Coverage for other areas during absences such as order entry
- Some HR responsibilities added as candidate gains experience in job
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Daily, check hourly employee times (punch in-outs) and ensure accuracy. If a “punch” is missed, double check with employee their hours from the shift.
- Updates payroll records (employee contact information, addresses, wage changes, etc)
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages as requested by Management
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Tracks employee attendance and identifies poor trends to manager
- Monday– Friday 37.5-40 hours per week
- Core business hours are 7am-4:30pm
- Completion of a college diploma in a related field is an asset
Important: If you have been referred by one of our employees, please tell us in your cover letter.
Waldan Gardens welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Accounting Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- administrative assistant: 2 years (Preferred)